BUILDING, EDUCATING & INSPIRING NEW AUDIENCES FOR DANCE
In 2022 the Paul Taylor Dance Company returned to Lincoln Center to celebrate “A New Era” with two weeks of dazzling performances. To ensure all those who wanted to could celebrate with us, we launched the Polaris Project to offer tickets, pre-performance workshops, Q&As, and other resources to a wide range of community organizations, schools, and their families. Participants described the experience as transformative, inspiring, educational, and inclusive. It was a great success and we are thrilled to be doing it again.
The Polaris Project offers unique arts education opportunities for everyone through the lens of Paul Taylor’s works. Through the Polaris Project, participants are able to serve their constituents by offering them affordable access to live performances and other activities. These vital enrichment experiences help foster a sense of community and inclusion while providing a vehicle for creative engagement and self-expression.
We invite you to learn more about the Polaris Project and what it means to become a Polaris Project Partner.
Become a Polaris Project Partner
We seek to partner with non-profit organizations, charter schools, independent schools, universities, dance schools, music programs, religious organizations, and other community organizations to unlock access to a world where dance, art, and music create endless possibilities for discovery and connection.
- Have you been looking for ways to bring enrichment opportunities to your school, community, or organization?
- Would you like to make the art of dance accessible, educational, and meaningful but don’t think you have the resources or time to do so?
- Do you love dance but don’t know how to fit it into your role as a teacher or community leader?
If you answered “YES” to just one of these questions, the Paul Taylor Dance Company is ready to partner with you and welcome you to the Polaris Project.
Polaris Project Partner Benefits
Polaris Project Partner benefits include:
- Tickets to our fall 2023 Lincoln Center season which runs from October 31 – November 12
- Pre-performance workshops and enrichment activities tailored to your community, led by expert Taylor teaching-artists
- Post-performance Q&A sessions
- Season guides with an introduction to the Paul Taylor Dance Company, descriptions of dances you will see in the theater, and tools to explore the dances and their themes
- PLUS individualized enrichment activities throughout the year
For more information on this program and offerings please contact
Elisabeth Robert, Polaris Project Manager at 646-214-5814 or [email protected]
PHOTO CREDITS All photos courtesy of the Taylor School.